Z150TXRB HPDI STILL a problem, now starving for fuel

floydff

Cadet
I have a 2003 engine that sat for about a year, probably with ethanol gas in it, after my friend passed away. From my previous post, I have: emptied as much of the tank as I could, sent the injectors off, replaced the fuel filter, replaced the VST pump and its filter, replaced the lift pumps, and took it to a Yamaha Master Certified Mechanic who flushed the HP pump and its filters. He thought the engine was running good, although he wished it would get a little higher than the 5000 rpms. That was Friday...

Yesterday, I took the boat out for my first time. It ran great for 5-10 minutes, and then shut down, after several re-tries, I noticed the fuel bulb was sucked almost completely closed. I drained the Racor filter canister (it has the clear bottom), and the engine ran fine again for a few minutes. But, when I would go at a high rpm, the bulb would suck closed again until I opened that filter drain. I empied the last canister into a clear jar, and it does not have any water in it. Is it possible the filter is already clogged? Should that canister fill up pretty quickly? Any other ideas? If it is an easy fix, I'd like to do it so I can take the boat out tomorrow. Otherwise, it is back to the mechanic AGAIN next week. I'm hoping Rodbolt or one of the other experts is still out there. Happy 4th!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Z150TXRB HPDI STILL a problem, now starving for fuel

you have a restriction between the primer and the liquid level in the tank.
could be a draw tube filter,pinched line or an anti siphon valve or a clogged water seperator.