1989 GW Invader 190 Bowrider She is now mine

MacPointMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
*** I posted this in my other thread to tell people that I got a boat. I just wanted to post it in a new thread to see if anyone had any experience with this brand of boat or had any more information they wanted to share.

I know that invaders are pretty rare and that not a lot of them are seen around.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone.

Glad to say I found her and now she is mine. She is a 1988 GW Invader V181SP Bowrider with a mercruiser 3.0 motor and a Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive. Not a crack in the vinyl floors are solid as a rock as is the transom.

Had her out on Lake Lanier yesterday put 6 hours on her without a hitch. There are a few minor flaws a couple of the gauges aren't working quite right But even the radio works. She needs a good buffing out and some new decals. Her carpet could use with another good cleaning and the seats could use a through scrubbing but other than that shes in excellent shape.

I have to tell you Lanier Marine Liquidators were quite good. They fixed a couple of minor issues and drained all the old fuel out of her put new lights on the trailer . I haven't gotten any problems out of them and feel quite comfortable doing business with them. They have assured me that if I have any problems with her I can bring her back and they would see what they can do to fix it. The advice of making sure that you LOOK at their stuff is paramount they even told me the same. I told them about the few boats I wanted to look at they pointed me straight to this one. Then showed me the others. By far this was the boat in the best condition.

Thank you for your advise and tips. You all have been instrumental in helping me make the decision to buy. I am sure to have loads of questions when I need to start fixing things.

Happy Independence Day and Happy boating.

es am sending this message from my boat with a beer in hand. I am officially a member of the Drive Way Captains Club of Lake Concrete.

Pictures to follow

MacPointMan