74 Glastron Stalling at Idle

Good afternoon, Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

Boats a 74 glastron v174 with the 4cyl 140 hp Merc I\O with the R series outdrive.

I was going just above idle for almost an hour and half on the canal today, it ran excellent. but when i brought it in someone was loading ahead of me, so i put it in neutral and let it idle for almost 10 minutes (it idled great for these 10 minutes and then it started to die out fast. it had plenty of gas left. so i started it up again and it didnt want to crank over until I put i gave it some gas. It let off the throttle and then it would die back out.

I want to go out again tomorrow (the 4th of July) but im just concerned, any ideas what it might be???

I got a feeling its a high or low speed adj but i'm not sure and never have any luck adjusting them. It started up great when i launched it cranked right over nice idled nice and didn't have any problems till then...So it leads me to beleive it might be just the "drive style" for those two hours perhaps?

Re: 74 Glastron Stalling at Idle

Just talked to my buddy who said it might be that the carb was just gettin bogged down with fuel while it idled. thats why it would only start when I opened it up in neutral. Anyone conquer??

If it is the low on the carb, i prob wont bother messin with it. never had any luck with them unless someone knows of a tutorial or sticky that might draw it out nicely.