Elbow grease

flatshead

Cadet
One day my 16 year old daughter was helping me grease the bearings on my trailer. She noticed the the chrome on the rims was really crappy looking. She asked me how I was going to get all that crap off. I just said a lot of elbow grease. All of a sudden she said she had to make a run to the store. After an hour went by she returned and looked a little befuddled. She came up to me and said that she went to the local boat supply store and ask in front of about ten people where she could find the elbow grease. She said most of them just stifled there laughter but one guy couldn't help himself and just started to laugh so hard that it started everyone almost crying. She was then told by a fellow customer that it just meant hard work. She said she never heard of the expression and slowly backed away and then flew out the door. I couldn't help myself either and maybe chuckled too much. I told her I appreciated what she tried to do and it was very thoughtful. My son said that the owner and employees said that just made there day it was so "cute". I still bring it up. She is now 26 married with a beautiful daughter who is 4. It still gets her goat to this day.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Elbow grease

That is a cute and funny story. I wonder if I can buy some elbow grease too. Would make projects go a lot faster!

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

A 16-year old who does not know the meaning of the term "elbow grease"?

Maybe a little spoilage of the kids there, Dad?

:D

flatshead

Cadet

I had three girls she was always the prissy one. I always spoiled my girls so they better take care of me when I am old and decrepit.I have a 30 yr. old son. He has been in the Navy for 8 yr. Proud Papa.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I laughed, told the wifey, she laughed.
That was a good one, Now the wife is running to the store for 200 feet of shore line and a gallon of prop wash. :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I laughed, told the wifey, she laughed.
That was a good one, Now the wife is running to the store for 200 feet of shore line and a gallon of prop wash. :D

make sure she gets a couple of new buckets for the voltage leak... :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

lol...I actually sent a gullible blond girlfriend out to buy me some new underwear once... told her my waist size and to make sure she got the type with the extra large pouch !!!!...she wanted to kill me when she got home...she actually asked a salesman at Sears for them !....