new boat registration

kentuckyguy

Seaman
Hello everyone.. First post for me here so please forgive me if its in the wrong place... Anyway.. I just purchased a new triton 21 foot seabreeze pontoon with a 90 h.p. merc.. I ask the lady at the boat store about the registration.. She told me that she would be going to the court house Tuesday to get me the registration..I asked her about this weekend and she said that boats were like new cars.. You have 30 days to get everything taken care of..:rolleyes::rolleyes: She give me a bill of sale an said if water patrol stopped me just show then that an everything would be ok.. My question is.. Will I get a ticket without the registration?? I wanna be out on the water this weekend.. Thanks in advance

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: new boat registration

Don't know what the law/rule is regarding registration where you are, but a quick call to your local Water Patrol or agency that does registration should be able to tell you real quick. I would like to think with a bill of sale and it being a Holiday weekend, they would let you slide. But you never know and the tickets on the water are never cheap..

5150abf

Vice Admiral

You woudl think if anyone knew what the deal was it woud be a person at the marina but if you are still worried call your local DNR and double check.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I know that is true in Florida and Ga. and my guess is that is the case in Kentucky.

Regardless, it would be worth a ticket to be on the water on July 4th weekend in a new boat. LOL!!!!

kentuckyguy

Seaman

I know that is true in Florida and Ga. and my guess is that is the case in Kentucky.

Regardless, it would be worth a ticket to be on the water on July 4th weekend in a new boat. LOL!!!!

That depends on how much the ticket would cost... lol.. Thanks for the replies.

imported_John o

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's how it works in Indiana. 30 days grace to get the paperwork through.