NOOB, Oil injection on 87 black max?

StlChris

Recruit
Hi all, Just bought my first "real" boat, 87 charger 185 t with a 150 black max on it. The motor is apparently oil injected and the limited experience I have had with injected motors was a tank somewhere in the motor to fill and this one doesnt have one. I am wondering if it may have had a tank somewhere with lines feeding to the motor or the system was removed for some reason. The motor has 12 hrs on a complete rebuild and on the left side of the motor looking from the prop there is a port about one inch diameter that has been sealed off with a plate and two screws about 3/4 up from the bottom of the motor, would that be it? I dont have a service manual yet otherwise I would check it but im taking it out this weekend and dont want to double up on oil or have none in the system. Tank mixing is fine with me, for now at least.

Sorry for the noob question, but I dont want to screw up the first time out, and thanx for the help in advance!

StlChris

Recruit
Re: NOOB, Oil injection on 87 black max?

I figured it out following a couple different posts and found a pic, its been removed and apparently correctly so on to my next noob issue...........