Bayliner Capri 1850 5.0 Liter

I have what I think to be a Bayline Capri 1850 5 Liter. The engine is rusted. The prop has a chip in it. The hull seems good. The trailer is rusted but maybe serviceable. The wood floor has a hole in it, needs to be replaced. The interior seats all must be thrown out.

So, what should I do with it? Is there anything on it worth anything? Outdrive? Should I pull the fuel tank and dump the whole thing? I was told to sell the engine for scrap and dump the rest? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Is it worth fixing up?

Thanks!

Rob

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bayliner Capri 1850 5.0 Liter

I just bought a trailer that came with a boat. I was going to just drain the fluids and take it to the dump, but decided just to throw an add on Craigslist for people to come make offer on the parts and take them off themselves. I made enough money on the drive and trim pump to cover the cost of the trailer.The fuel tank, gauges,bilge pump and the rest of the stern drive parts fetched enough to pay for a new set of tires. I took what was left to the dump and had a ball while watching them smash what was left with an excavator...

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Bayliner Capri 1850 5.0 Liter

If it has a good OMC drive, that would be a plus. The OMC's are not supported any more, so anyone wanting parts has to go used. I also agree with the above post. Scrap it out as best you can, and then either take it to the dump or give it away for free on craigslist.