Sterndrive parts numer and replacement help please.

DerekBogie

Seaman Apprentice
I have a alpha 1 mercruiser sterndrive that i have been have many problems with transplanting to my newer boat. The motor is a 140 mercruiser 4 cylinder i/o. (yes the gear ratios match as this sterndrive came from boat with exact same motor and sterndrive) I am attempting to buy an impeller kit, gasket set, gimbal bearing with gimbal grease seal. Can anyone help em find the right parts i need as i do not want to order the wrong items. what other pieces that usually need replaced regulary? can anyone help em find the right gasket numbers for the lower unit, gimbal bearing, impeller set?

(sorry if it is a repost but it is a different topic as i am now attempted to redo my sterndrive now)

Attachments

• boatmotor006.jpg
    boatmotor006.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 0

DerekBogie

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sterndrive parts numer and replacement help please.

that link was really expensive on parts. I went to Ebasicpower.com and i found these parts that i am needing. iwant to make sure they are the right part that will match that sterndrive in the picture above. Can anyone confirm these to be the right parts? Also the bellows LOOK like they are in good shape do you beleive they should still be replaced?

GLM21900 Gimbal Bearing, Mercruiser, OMC, Volvo
MAL9-76230 Seal, Gimbal Bearing, Mercruiser
MAL9-62601 Gasket Set, Outdrive, Mercruiser