1999 125 hp max 2500 rpm. no power.

MercuryXR6

Cadet
a friend just had boat serviced at a mercury dealer, changed coils, not the issue, changed the stator. still not running well. Full throttle, 2500 rpm, will not level off. Not sure of the problem now!! any ideas. I am in the process of checking the trigger, but not sure how to check it on this model. Has Black, white, brown, purple and blue wires. Thanks in advance

nat85501

Cadet
Re: 1999 125 hp max 2500 rpm. no power.

a friend just had boat serviced at a mercury dealer, changed coils, not the issue, changed the stator. still not running well. Full throttle, 2500 rpm, will not level off. Not sure of the problem now!! any ideas. I am in the process of checking the trigger, but not sure how to check it on this model. Has Black, white, brown, purple and blue wires. Thanks in advance

Have you checked the fuel. it is suckeing air, or bad fuel pump it may need rebuilt. just a thought

MercuryXR6

Cadet
Re: 1999 125 hp max 2500 rpm. no power.

This boat is still at the dealer. The said it was the coil. changed no difference. Said it was the stator, changed. Still same. They said it was trigger coil. changed still same, now they are saying its the flywheel. The dealer advised they have been consulting with mercury but....There isstill no spark on the bottom two cylinders. My Friend has been without a boat for 8 weeks...any suggestions