Important Force 85hp parts

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer
I've been reading in several posts that parts availability for Force motors are harder & harder to come by. I have an 85hp Force o/b & it runs great. I plan on keeping this boat for awhile & was wondering what parts are most common to be replaced, I'm thinking as I see them for sale here & there I would pick them up & put in storage for when needed. What are the most common motor parts you guy's have been replacing on these motor's? Tanx, MAXX 1985 Force 85 HP O/B, Factory SS prop

Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Important Force 85hp parts

What year do you have?I have all the electrical stuff for an 88/85 Force.I have a good powerhead too.Good comp #150 each cylinder.$200+ship.
It was working when I repowered.I went from twin85's to a single 225.
The thing that goes most is the stator$366. then the trigger$350. and then the packs$200 each,then coils$50 each and finnaly the rectifier$?.
I want $275 and I'll pay shipping.I have the flywheel it needs the magnet reglued.It goes too.Contact me here. Thanks,Jerry
jerryjerry05@bellsouth.net

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Important Force 85hp parts

Tanx Jerryjerry, got your "PM" & I replied. You never know when something is gonna crap out on ya & I don't want to be searching around for parts when it does, rather spend some $$ now & be ready. I know what will happen, I'll buy everything that could possibly go wrong & the thing that will go bad will be some goofy off the wall part that no other person ever had go bad & they don't make them any more:mad:, just the way my luck go's.....I'll get back to you jerryjerry, Thanks, MAXX