Need suggestions for replacement hub

MCotherman

Cadet
Prop: Mercury High Five: 48-816612-20 (12 3/4" 20" Pitch) Stainless, 5 Blade on a 115 HP Mercury made in 1993 (serial 0G039946).

Hub gave up the ghost Saturday. Made it back to dock barely above idle, any faster and it slipped.

I've been searching for a replacement hub but not sure which fits this combination? Can anyone point me to the correct one?

Thanks!

Matt

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need suggestions for replacement hub

Does this prop use a pressed in fixed rubber hub or is it the newer square bore prop with a hub you can push out and change? If it's the pressed in fixed hub then you simply send it to a prop shop and they press in a new one. You can order a hub but you'll have to have a press and an installation cone to get it in.

If it's a square bore prop and uses a Flow Torque type hub then there are several hubs you can use.

MCotherman

Cadet
Re: Need suggestions for replacement hub

If it's the pressed in fixed hub then you simply send it to a prop shop and they press in a new one. You can order a hub but you'll have to have a press and an installation cone to get it in.

It's the pressed in type. After I posted yesterday I found an article on how to change the hub. I have a press but not the cone. I'm going to look for a shop and let them worry about it.

Thanks for the reply!!