New to Boating

AndrewsArk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I bought a boat. :) It's my first one and I'm still getting used to it.

First trip out I did on my own and it was a little scary at first but then I got the hang of it. I bought a 1989 Celebrity 192SE.
Me%20n%20The%20Boat.jpg

Anyway, just wondering if there are any website where I can find more information on this thing. I've looked inside and out for some type of manual or documentation but haven't found anything. I do know how to run it because the old owner ran through it a few times with me, once on the lake and twice off.

So far I'm loving it though.

Thanks,
Andrew

nlain

Commander
Re: New to Boating

First, Welcome aboard. A boat of that vintage will be difficult to find manuals on. You are on the best site there is to ask questions and get answers. Take a safe boating course that will teach you a lot about the boat and how to handle it.

Philster

Captain

Focus on the engine/drive. What is powering your new boat? That is where you wanna spend some time learning.

Welcome and Happy Boating!

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to iBoats!!! Nice looking rig.

PWH1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Congrats on your purchase! Nice looking boat... Enjoy and stay safe.

AndrewsArk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I plan on taking a safety course soon. Also it's running a 5.0 MerCruiser.

AlmostFamous

Seaman

Hey, NICE BOAT!

I just bought a 1989 Celebrity 181 Bowrider!! The original owner of my boat kept everything, I even have the sales brochure from 1989! Let me do some looking and see what I have. Was there anything specific you want to know?

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, boat manuals are pretty much a joke. The ones that came with mine told me how to do all sorts of stuff that was really common sense. Not what I expected at all.

However, if you go to the merc section under engines on this board with your serial numbers (engine and outdrive) you can download the service manuals, which have more info than you'll (hopefully) ever need.

AndrewsArk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey, NICE BOAT!

I just bought a 1989 Celebrity 181 Bowrider!! The original owner of my boat kept everything, I even have the sales brochure from 1989! Let me do some looking and see what I have. Was there anything specific you want to know?

Mostly the capacity of the fuel tank.

AlmostFamous

Seaman

Ok, that info is listed on the specs section of the literature I have. I will scan and post it up tonight.

AlmostFamous

Seaman

Ok, so a little late in posting but, here it is. I tried to scan the whole brochure, but it's a weird size and would not fit on my flatbed scanner very well. I'll try to rescan it at work. Two attachments, 1st is the back page which has the info you want (PS I didn't not circle the 181 spec the PO did). 2nd attachment is the inside cover, kind of interesting to read and see the celebrity endorsments. I don't know how they could have went wrong with the likes of Billy Martin and Bob Griese!

Edit: Text came out kinda small in the pics, but it looks like you have a 52 gallon tank.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/collinhale1/Celebrity%20Boats/celeb3.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/collinhale1/Celebrity Boats/celeb4.jpg

AndrewsArk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys! 52 U.S. Gallons. I can swallow that.:) I was told by a buddy that it was 70. That's a big fuel bill.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info. This looks to be an awesome forum.

Lostreb

Cadet

Like yourself, I'm new to the forum, but have years of boating experience. Since I have been here (only about 3 days), I have met and talked with some very nice people that seem very knowlegeable. And the BEST part is, this seems to be a very active forum.
Congrats on that nice looking boat. Stay safe and most of all, have fun with it.