Bellows replacement cost

trm

Seaman
What would be a fair labor price to have the three bellows and the inboard exhaust bellows with new water trap replaced on a merc 120 with pre-alpha? Is it bad form to buy the parts online (cheaper?) and have it done with those parts?

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bellows replacement cost

You can expect to pay 2 to 3 hrs labor.There will also be other items to replace while doing the job.Replace the shift cable etc., barring any problems with getting the bellhousing off.The mechanics usually like to use their own favorite parts,it also gives them a little extra profit. CC

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Realistically expect to spend $300-$500. I think this would be in line with what most shops charge because there WILL be incidentals. Also, expect more for severe corrosion. It makes the job take longer.<br /><br />Rich

newDIYer

Seaman

I paid $400 to have mine replaced. This included all labor and parts including a new shift cable. 140 HP Mercrusier Type I drive.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

I paid 550 for all three bellows new waterpump impeller shift cable and gimble bearing this winter. I had a retired mercury tech. that I met online do it. He gave me the parts at his cost. I got quotes from local shops and they all said 3-4 hours labor just for the three bellows.

trm

Seaman

Thank you all for your input.<br /><br />swabbie