6 Hp Evinrude 1990

marvxyz1

Seaman Apprentice
I have this 6 Hp evinrude which I've been working on a while . I have cleaned and rebuilt the carb. New spark plugs and 3 new coils , I'm getting good spark and I've checked compression which is good . I can start the motor , but it will run at higher speed, but when I try to slow it down for an idle ,it will stall. I've tried to adjust with the slow speed screw, but it still dies off. I've noticed when looking down the throat of the carb on the inner side of the throttle butterfly., there seems to be a 1/16 threaded hole., which the oem manual doesn't mention. It seems to me that this should have a plug in it or something. Does anyone know anything about this?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 6 Hp Evinrude 1990

Does the low speed needle have any effect on the idle? Will it stall if you screw the adjuster all the way in or out?
Is the threaded hole actually through the butterfly and shaft, or in the carb body itself?

marvxyz1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 6 Hp Evinrude 1990

The motor speed does increase when i turn the screw clockwise . The hole is in the carbureator throat between the throttle butterfly and the intake to the motor.. The hole seems to be threaded..