which oil for my ficht

roadhard

Cadet
I just bought a 2000 stratos with a ficht 150 ram injection. Which 2 stroke oil should i use xd 30? xd50? xd100? the previous owner gave me a gallon of ficht ram injection oil with carb x but I cannot find the same so now I need to know what oil I need. Thanks for some help

roadhard

Cadet
Re: which oil for my ficht

ok now the oil in the unit is red, can i mix the green xd50 with the red syn ficht oil or do i need to drain the red stuff from the tank or will they mix together just fine

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Just add the XD50. The color will be wierd, but not to worry.

roadhard

Cadet

Now on this evinrude ficht 150 ram injection what RPM should be on WOT. The last owner gave me three different props and I would like to know where its supposed to be best run at. The 150 also has a hydrofoil aftermarket install, Is this a good thing or bad? This is my first boat and I just want to cover most bases to make things right. I would rather have a owners manual than three props and seems like no one can tell me where to find an owners manual for a stratos 283 fs intruder. any ideas anyone

appolo

Recruit

In my experience, most boat mfg's don't send much of an owners manual with thier boats. The best thing to get is a manual for your Evinrude. That will give you the information you want to know for your motor. I have a 98 150 Ficht and the RPM range is 4800 -5300 rpm with peak hp rated at 5000rpm. Load your boat the way you will be usually using it and get out and test.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Take the hydrofoil off for now, its probably not needed, get everything working correctly first to see if there's even any issues.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Michigan Wheel shows for WOT operating range for a 150 Ficht: 150 Ficht 4750-5250. The get their data from the manuafcturer, so it's likely correct.

I would opt for the upper end ` 5250. I would also lose the hydrofoil (just costs a few MPH and doesn't do much good).

I'm sure you're aware of the V6 Ficht problems. I wouldn't put any money into the motor if it has any significant problems.

gradytom

Seaman Apprentice

I have twin '98 Ficht 150's pushing an Islander.
WOT w/hydrofoil (came w/ the setup I purchased) is around 5100.
I've though about taking 'em off and seeing how she performs but never got around to it, too busy fishing and cruising.
Great holeshot and very quickly up on plane, no complaints here.

Run xd 50 and add seafoam as maintenance, decarb once a season.

roadhard

Cadet

I have heard a little about some problems on the ficht 150 but i thought they changed some things around 2000 to make them better? What kind of speeds do you ficht 150 owners get.