seeking vintage windshield mounting hardware

59Jacket

Recruit
Hello! This is my first posting here, I hope I have the appropriate forum thread. If not, someone please point my bow in the proper direction :)

I'm nearing completion of restoration of a 1959 Yellow Jacket Catalina.
What I'm looking for are some late 50's era windshield mounting brackets for a non-OEM windshield. Anything that could be modified would be great! I definitely don't want to take rare, unobtainable brackets and change them.

Thanks!
Brian

chargerboy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: seeking vintage windshield mounting hardware

Did you check the iboats website? Another good place to look would be e-bay. Search there often, you'll find something for a reasonable price.

Jeep Man

Commander

Picture would help. Need some idea of what your looking for.

chargerboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Picture would help. Need some idea of what your looking for.

Agreed, if you could post a photo of your boat, one of the glass you have, and another picture of an example of what you want the finished product to look like, somebody might be able to point you in a better direction.

59Jacket

Recruit

Thanks, those are good points. I will try to do that before evening. One item of minor frustration is the boat didn't come with an original windshield, which is okay as I like the 'cut-down' look of a non-original, but the mounting hardware may as well not be original either. I'll put the best pics I can put up, and see what may be out there.