1994 Kawasaki 750 will not turn over w/ plugs

blueovalbs

Recruit
we recently bought this ski was told the starter was bad... so replaced starterand got new plugs. Engine still will not start. Took plugs out and tried to see if the moter was locked up andski does turn over but only without plugs???? Any suggestions from anyone would be great!!

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1994 Kawasaki 750 will not turn over w/ plugs

how's the battery? is it fully charged? a weak battery will cause your condition. Also, how clean are the wires. Give them a good cleaning and ensure that your battery is good and update us.

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do a compression test.J

A compression test is always a good idea but that's probably not the answer here. OP said that the engine won't turn over with both plugs in. Taking one plug out and screwing in a compression tester into the other cylinder may still result in no cranking. Not only that, but I seriously doubt that the problem is excessive compression.

As was stated by bigdaddypt, the problem is most likely electrical.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I post from my experience.No way do I know what's wrong with this.I was just telling him a step to help diagnose it.I guess your psycic and know.
Basics on any two/four stroke.Compression/spark/fuel.
Diagnosis first step compression test,spark test,fuel test.
You do the basics then look for the other.J

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are right about the 3 basics, but if the engine doesn't even turn over properly, there's no way to get an accurate results from a compression test.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Like I said I have no idea whats wrong with it but was suggesting a test. Doing the basic tests is the way to diagnose any problem. If the compression is isn't even it will cause hard cranking.
I've been working on 2 strokes since 1985 and try to share from my experience.I NEVER criticize anyones opinions.J