Works for me {protect your deck}.

canada_bob

Seaman Apprentice
I see from some of the threads in here that folks have had concerns about how to protect their decks, particularly the inflatable ones from being punctured by fishing hooks or spiny fish etc.

I had the same concerns for my Saturn SD-365 until I hit on the idea of covering the air-floor with rubber "runner matting", it's cheap enough, easy to cut into shape, available near everywhere, lasts forever and looks good.

The first one I made was cut from a roll of "corrugated" rubber matting, makes for an almost slip proof decking even when wet, this stuff will protect your air-floor from hooks, spiny fish, and most anything else that may find its way into your boat.

Here's a link to the type of stuff that I'm one about...

http://www.americanfloormats.com/floor-runners-roll-goods/

As you'll see unlike Model T's it don't just come in black, so you can match it to your boat or get a nice contrast.

The first one that I made was the corrugated "solid" rubber, and it works real well, the second one I made was for a buddy who has the aluminum floor {try standing on that, when it's wet} or sitting/kneeling on it when the boat is bouncing around. I used the 3/8ths "Traction Tread" a sort of soft foam, for his boat to make it easier on the bones, this stuff makes all the difference, not only that but aside from the non slip and the comfort that it adds, it makes the boats look really neat too.

The beauty of it is, it takes less than a minute to put the "deck covering" into the boat, and 10 seconds to take it out for a wash down.

Well worth trying out, if you get the stuff from a local Hardware Store it probably won't cost you more than $20, and it's easy to cut with a half decent pair of scissors, the job is done in 10 minutes, and this stuff will last a lifetime !!!