evin. 115 no WOT but push in choke key i have WOT

snake91876

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have rebuilt the carbs, new fuel pump, and all new fuel line on evinrude 115hp and still cant get wide open throttle. Acts like its bogging down but if i push in the key choke it will run great as long as i hold it in. whats the deal?

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: evin. 115 no WOT but push in choke key i have WOT

When you activate the primer solenoid it opens the valve and allows the pressurized fuel to bypass the carburetors and to be injected directly into the intake manifold. Normally that would flood the engine and make it stumble.

If activating the primer solenoid makes the engine run higher, then you are running lean without it. Start by cleaning your high speed jets.

The condition could also be caused by too much air. Check for air leaks in the system, especially at the gaskets between the carburetors and the intake manifold. and in the fuel lines.

snake91876

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have thoroughly cleaned the carbs in the 115 where are the high speed jets in the carbs.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

The 4 high speed jets are in the bottoms of the float bowls. They are behind and in line with the float bowl drain plugs. The early production 1983 115 had two plugs on each side of the float bowls; the high speed jets are behind the lower plugs.