My most memorable time near the apostle islands.

sloopjimd

Cadet
When I was younger I went to marine mechanics school here in northern Wisconsin (best training any where). We had to do an internship with some reputable shop during the summer. I decided that I wanted to do mine with the park service on Lake Superior and the apostle islands (dream come true).
My first day on the water transporting a bunch of volunteers and there gear to Rasberry island I had to tie up to another boat to transfer people and there gear to shore. So as my passengers and there gear crossed from my boat to the next boat to the shore I was worried about losing someone or somthing over the side, mind you this manuever was accomlished in 1-2 foot swells. Dint lose a person or anything untill....
I had to cross over to give the other boat operator some paper work he needed. I then went to jump back across when the deck of my boat disappered under me. I fell into about 20 feet of super cold water I pulled my self up and untied and strarted my boat shivering so bad my teeth still hurt thinking about it.
Park service people were all waiting at the dock clapping and cheering!!!
best job I ever had. i never fell in again.