4.3 lx mercruiser

repair man

Seaman
1994 4.3 v6 mercruiser spark plug # ngk. The engine has the original spark plugs. Im looking for the correct ngk spark plug. I dont have the serial # right now but I do know its OF something and I will get it soon and post it thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 4.3 lx mercruiser

Ayuh,.... AC Delco MR43T is what I use,... Donno the ngk #s...

Fun Times

Staff member

1994 4.3 v6 mercruiser spark plug # ngk. The engine has the original spark plugs. Im looking for the correct ngk spark plug. I dont have the serial # right now but I do know its OF something and I will get it soon and post it thanks
If you can still find the NGK spark plug it will be NGK BR6FS.
Or you could use AC Delco MR43T

If you go to a mercruiser dealer ship the mercruiser part number for your engine was (59571) "NGK's", But now they have superseded that number to mercruiser part number (898264001) "AC SPARK PLUGS" But I'm not sure of what the number on the new style spark plug is at this time.

See number 17 in this link.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...=50&bdesc=DISTRIBUTOR+AND+IGNITION+COMPONENTS

repair man

Seaman

If I click on that part # it shows a bp7hs ngk # surley that cant be right. It must just be a pic or a mistake and that was throwing mr a curve ball. Unless somebody comes up with something different then it will get br6fs ngk plugs. Thanks

repair man

Seaman

This all started by turning off engine while moving in gear. The engine dieseled and must have sucked in water. Would not start after after that because cylinders had water. After the water was pumped out of the cylinders it started and I found quite a bit of water in the oil filter. I figured that I would change spark plugs also since it has the original ones in it. It is a no no to shut off a boat in gear while under way and in a tight turn. The exaust flaps have never been serviced or looked at and even if they were perfect its still can suck water in. Thanks I just thought I would throw that in in case its ever happened to anybody else.