Have any of you ever ordered registration numbers?

ScottSD

Cadet
I was going to pick some up at Cabelas but they are on back order.

I have checked out some of the hardware stores and they have plain black numbers that are just boring.

I would like something with a custom color (gold or brown) and have found a few places to order from, but wonder if any of you have places you have ordered registration numbers from.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Have any of you ever ordered registration numbers?

I was going to pick some up at Cabelas but they are on back order.

I have checked out some of the hardware stores and they have plain black numbers that are just boring.

I would like something with a custom color (gold or brown) and have found a few places to order from, but wonder if any of you have places you have ordered registration numbers from.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

you can try right here at iboats...look for boat lettering ;)

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ordered mine through Overton's but mine were different. The lettering I ordered was more set up for like a name on the transom of a boat. So, I picked the height, font, color, saying (reg. #), and all that. When it shipped to me, the letters/numbers were evenly spaced and I was able to stick it on the boat in one shot. It was more of a graphic than a bunch of letters. They turned out great though.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

3" is the standard and I imaging that is what they are.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I ordered mine through Overton's but mine were different. The lettering I ordered was more set up for like a name on the transom of a boat. So, I picked the height, font, color, saying (reg. #), and all that. When it shipped to me, the letters/numbers were evenly spaced and I was able to stick it on the boat in one shot. It was more of a graphic than a bunch of letters. They turned out great though.

link please ? :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

3" is the standard and I imaging that is what they are.

I agree , ... I would bet the '300 series' makes them 3" , the standard size for smaller boats. I like the color choice.... never considered the gold and black...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

ANY local graphics store can make them for you in any color...... I used my local graphics company www.awesomegraphics.com who can make anything.

He does entire city bus wraps so boat number's are a bit smaller

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

3" is usually standard. Don't know where you're from, but here in Nevada they must be solid color and block letters; no script. I see lots of illegal numbers on Lake Mead, so I guess it's legal 'till you get stopped!:eek:

ScottSD

Cadet

I agree , ... I would bet the '300 series' makes them 3" , the standard size for smaller boats. I like the color choice.... never considered the gold and black...

That is what I thought...this the color that is on the boat now:
232323232%7Ffp538%3B2%3Enu%3D3266%3E%3B3%3B%3E9%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D348489474732%3Cnu0mrj

The gold matches the "Crestliner" but a color the same as the highlighted squiggly on the side would look alright as well:
232323232%7Ffp538%3A9%3Enu%3D3266%3E%3B3%3B%3E9%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D348489474932%3Cnu0mrj

gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I second the local sign shop if you have one close. I went to local sign-a-rama (chain). They matched the factory font and colors. Plus they go on with a 1 piece backing that they then peel off. Numbers perfectly straight and smooth. Took about 15 minutes, and about $35.

Good luck
Gary

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class

I second the local sign shop if you have one close. I went to local sign-a-rama (chain). They matched the factory font and colors. Plus they go on with a 1 piece backing that they then peel off. Numbers perfectly straight and smooth. Took about 15 minutes, and about $35.

Good luck
Gary

I agree 100% with Gary! I owned a sign shop (still do a little personal stuff at home) for 4 years and we did a lot of boat numbers. It makes a world of difference and if done correct will look like they were factory.

mxzeatr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ordered mine online.

http://diylettering.com

They arrived in about 4 days and look awesome! FWIW there are no local sign shops to me, so it was the best 'custom' option.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Those letters would have got me a trip to court when I was in Fla. Not solid, not spaced correctly, not block lettering, not contrasting to the hull color....the FMP officers would use any little thing to write tickets where I was at.
Your state may or may no have rules on these things....
Here's the rules in TX:
Validation Decals

The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.

Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
Number?s color must contrast with its background.
Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen:
TX 3717 ZW or TX-3717-ZW.
No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
Decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, three inches behind (towards the stern) and in line with the number.

ScottSD

Cadet

Those letters would have got me a trip to court when I was in Fla. Not solid, not spaced correctly, not block lettering, not contrasting to the hull color....the FMP officers would use any little thing to write tickets where I was at.
Your state may or may no have rules on these things....
Here's the rules in TX:
Validation Decals

The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.

Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
Number?s color must contrast with its background.
Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen:
TX 3717 ZW or TX-3717-ZW.
No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
Decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, three inches behind (towards the stern) and in line with the number.

Did some research and the laws in my state are pretty much identical.

These do seem to meet the qualifications: http://www.iboats.com/328-BRBKG300-...7958418--**********.139821732--view_id.193873