Homemade bildge pump

polk county

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is a homemade pump meant for a small john boat. Its made out of pvc with inner tubes for check valves. The piston is made out of cutting board plastic. It cost about 5 dollars to build. This is just a test run. Id like to build a full scale pump for watering livestock from a shallow well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We67tXTMgU4

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Homemade bildge pump

I would make the comment that an even cheaper model is available with me, in the significant other riding with me, but it could lead to my family getting our fifteen minutes of fame on...."bad boy, bad boy, whacha gunna do? whacha gunna do when they come for you?"???? COPS!! All suspects are innocient.....

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

the link doesn't work but if it's a hand pump, it's old news. But important to carry.

a70eliminator

Captain

That had to pump his A** off to evacuate a quart of water, I like how the tree leaves were falling, love to see the guys grimcing face at the buisness end. Sorry polk you did a nice job on it, simple and clean.

HotKetchup

Seaman

Nice job..works as advertised....cows obviously not impressed in the least.

Ned L

Commander

Nice job of building a hand pump. I might suggest finding a thinner rubber material than inner tube for the valves, that will make them seal better and there will be less back flow.
PAR used to make very similar ones out of plastic - great for dingies.
Perko used to make real nice double acting ones out of brass.
W/C (Wilcox Crittenden) used to make a series out of galvanized steel (like downspout material).
The same type of pump can even be built out of wood (used them on fishing dories).
It is really quite surprising how much water you can move with this type of simple hand pump.