I love the Smell of my Boat

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't know what it is that gives my boat it's Distinctive smell but I love it.

Is it the Upholstery, FiberGlass, carpet, Wax or Vaseline :rolleyes: or a combination of all the above.

Do all boats have this Distictive smell. I need to go around and smell peoples boats. :D

I think I know what it is though. It the warm upholstery after sitting in the Sun.

Does your boat have a distinctive smell to it.

Anyway I love the boat smell.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I love the Smell of my Boat

Stick your head in the bilge of ANY boat, especially those that have washdowns, livewells, fresh water systems, head systems...they all smell the same, regardless of who makes them...and it's not a smell that I "love"...:eek:

insearch

Seaman

I love the smell of my boat when it is full of fish, that is soooo distinctive

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It almost smell like the new Car Smell but much stronger.

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

I love the smell of my boat too.. I don't know what it is.. The only other smell that even compares is the new tire smell.

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class

Upholstery smells are okay to enjoy. But if you think the bilge fumes are what does it for you, I question the perfume you bought for the wife at Christmas time.:eek:

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Upholstery smells are okay to enjoy. But if you think the bilge fumes are what does it for you, I question the perfume you bought for the wife at Christmas time.:eek:

No its not Bilge Fumes LOL like Gasoline Smell.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

first, don't go sniffing upholstery in the daytime.

I love my boat smell (or should I say boating smells): salt air, 2 stroke exhaust, sun screen, bug spray and squid, a sweaty fishing hat, a little "low tide" from around the water line, a waft of a PBR and a wee hint of mildew from the compartments. Lets me know I am cast off and free from land-based chores!

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like to sail. Never liked powerboats; they're noisy, vibrate and smell. Got a wife that wanted a pontoon to go fishing. So happy to have a wife that fishes, that I learned to put up with powerboat shortcommings.:D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

This thread makes me think of the girl in the first Porky movie...in the boys locker room... just sayin.... :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

first, don't go sniffing upholstery in the daytime.

I love my boat smell (or should I say boating smells): salt air, 2 stroke exhaust, sun screen, bug spray and squid, a sweaty fishing hat, a little "low tide" from around the water line, a waft of a PBR and a wee hint of mildew from the compartments. Lets me know I am cast off and free from land-based chores!

I agree...thats how a boat should smell...I love it all too

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine smells like Coconut suntan oil and Michelob Ultra.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I know for sure that mine smells better out on the lake than parked in my driveway! :D

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know what it is that gives my boat it's Distinctive smell but I love it.

Is it the Upholstery, FiberGlass, carpet, Wax or Vaseline :rolleyes: or a combination of all the above.

Do all boats have this Distictive smell. I need to go around and smell peoples boats. :D

I think I know what it is though. It the warm upholstery after sitting in the Sun.

Does your boat have a distinctive smell to it.

Anyway I love the boat smell.

I know I will regreat asking this BUT how did your boat get Vaseline in it?

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nothing like the smell of my old 2-stroke Evinrude. Brings back memories of me and my father fishing years ago.

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

When we bought our I/O last summer, the smell was identical to my memories of my dad's Glastron we had growing up.. Took me back to fun days as a kid. A very calming experience!!

I have also heard that the scent of crayons lowers your blood pressure. Must remind one of the carefree days of youth!!