90HP merc blueband replacing prop questions

wombat89

Recruit
Hey guys, this is my first post so hello to everyone, ive had a read around the forums and found most of the information here very useful.

I just bought my first boat a 1989 swiftcraft stiletto that has a late model 90HP merc blueband on the back of it,the boat is fibreglass and its 4.3 metres long, so far ive only had to replace a hydraulic hose on the tilt($300:mad:) and get it serviced, runs great.
I've attached a picture so you can get an idea of what type of boat it is to help with my questions.

The current aluminium prop on the boat is due for replacement, i think its the original and is way past its use by date, the stamp on the prop reads:
48 7734844 21P.

I understand that the 21P stands for pitch, i don't know what the other numbers mean so if someone could clarify them to me it would be greatly apprieciated.

Anyway onto my questions, i use the boat for a mix of fishing/skiing, its licenced to carry 4 people, currently the top end WOT rpms are on 5,000rpm and the boat has a top speed of 70kms(thats the limit on the speedo anyway, could be higher)

Atm when there is 2 people in the boat and 2 people on the tube the boat struggles a little bit to get on the plane, it does get there eventually but it takes a bit longer then without load, should i drop the prop size an inch or two to gain better take off speed? Or would switching the stainless solve the problem? It's not struggling too much it just takes a while to pull itself out.

Also would a boat/engine this size be able to pull water skiiers out of the water? I haven't tried before and haven't got access to skis to try and don't wanna buy skis and then not be able to use them lol

Also does anyone know the specific dimensions i need for the blueband prop like spline numbers etc, i wanna get a cheap prop off the net and get the right prop the first time lol

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 32282_427816108645_614103645_5440975_437231_n.jpg
    32282_427816108645_614103645_5440975_437231_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1