seadoo engine into a 14-16' v hull

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, im thinking of starting a project boat, thinking of a 14-16' aluminum v hull but making it a bullet, my goal is to put a seadoo engine with jetdrive in it. I was wondering what you guys thought would be faster just upgrading to a bigger outboard or the jet drive idea, any input would be great, id like to see 40-50 mph out of it at least. I know i will be needing reinforcement in the hul etc but im a welder so that kind of stuff is no big deal to me.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: seadoo engine into a 14-16' v hull

Check you tube.....there are many people that have done it.

A nice semi V 14' aluminum would work nice....... I doubt 40 mph will be any problem.

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea I figure 40 mph is a speed at which the boat would still be fairly control able I'd say 50 would be my max speed although I do love speed haha and will always want more i will have to check it out on youtube and see whats there has anyone ever done it on here?

stinkbait85

Seaman

Wanna go fast on a jet drive huh? Check out riverpro boats. Awesome! Only word to describe it. 200 and 250 hp optimax set inboard on a jet pump. 50 mph in 3 inches of water!

As far as a diy job it has been done. I actually thought about doin it myself but for my application I really need reverse. Just wasn't practical for me. Most that have done it have done it on 12 to 14 foot flatbottom jons and they will fly I mean to tell you.try to find one of those turbocharged hondas with a busted hull or something like that. Put it together and take me for a ride when its ready. I'm like you I have a serious need for speed

bamafutbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

go to greenhulk.net. pages of builds using pwc motors, trond has a very good one built from scratch.

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks guys im definately doing my research right now trying to figure it all out, I can even get a reverse on it I think if i do it right bc the newer pwcs have reverse.