Votes: 27 10.0%
  • HOW OLD ARE YOU

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JZammetti

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Okay, I love to go boating and can't do it as much as I'd like too, yesterday I was sitting in my boat, in my driveway, relaxing with a cool beverage of choice, listening to the boat's radio when all of a sudden my peace was rudely disturbed by my neighbor yelling "Hey Capt'n dryland you look like a huge dork". So my question to the panel is "Am I a dork for sitting in my boat, in my driveway relaxing?

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Am I a Dork

NOPE!!!

My wife, daughters, and I do it quite often:). We will even sit in the boat with the overhead open to watch a storm.

Something about being in it that is relaxing even off the water.

bcons

Seaman Apprentice

I've done the same thing numerous times. ;)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Only if you where making motor noises as well :D:D

ziggy

Admiral

who cares what others think. if you were having fun and enjoying yourself, not bothering anyone what so ever. i see no problem. what yer doing is your business..

wellsc1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Absolutely not! Sitting is relative for relaxation - whether it's your front or back porch, in the yard, under a tree, or in the boat, or where ever you are relaxed. You're neighbor is a dork for judging your relaxation technique.

Enjoy your moments.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I can't count how many hours I have sat in mine while relaxing with a few cold ones and figuring out what my next resto step should be...

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Planning on doing that myself tonight as I put around the boat doing a few things before the weekend.

I think you're neighbor has 'boat envy' :D

45Auto

Commander

Hmmm, seems that all the people that also do it tend to think that you're not a dork. Imagine that!

If it really bothers you, it would be interesting to see the results if you took a more general poll, say in your neighborhood maybe. :D

Pokertrampp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to "Dry Boaters Anonymous"! Let me start by saying Hello, and my name is Pokertrampp, and I sit in my boat in the driveway, and occasionally I do make Motor noises with my kids! Only cure Ive found is actually puting the boat in water.

Philster

Captain

Dude, I sit in my boat and make engine noises.... in the driveway... off season...

I am pretty far from a dork, although I dabble in dork things from time to time. The radio always sounds better in the boat...

...wherever it is!

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't count how many hours I have sat in mine while relaxing with a few cold ones and figuring out what my next resto step should be...

Yeah this happens a lot. It helps to be in there to think and make sure your idea isn't stupid.

Last week I worked from home on friday so I worked out of the boat since we were going out that weekend.

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

Ha, when I had my 21' caddy cabin parked in my driveway a few years ago, I stayed on the boat overnight a couple of times.

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Am I a dork for sitting in my boat, in my driveway relaxing?

yes you might be a dork. but not from sitting in the boat. but maybe for not having a fast witty comeback to yell at your neighbor. i think that's whats got ya miffed. ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No, but your neighbor definitely is.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, your a dork. But who cares. What fun is life if you can't be a dork? Your neighbor obviously doesn't have a boat or he'd be a dork to and waving to you fron his captains chair.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

How would you feel if I told you I was in my boat RIGHT now? In the driveway.

JZammetti

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hmmm, seems that all the people that also do it tend to think that you're not a dork. Imagine that!

If it really bothers you, it would be interesting to see the results if you took a more general poll, say in your neighborhood maybe. :D

I have 6 houses that have unobstructed view of my driveway. I just may print up a survey and attach them to their doors, I?ll let you know their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.