This is very weird please read.....

04select2000

Seaman Apprentice
I replaced my IAC valve a month ago on my 2004 Sea Ray Select 200 with a 5.0 MPI, because I was getting an alarm and the motor would stall when it would dropp under 1K RPMs. After I replaced it it ran fine, then suddenly it started with the below issues.

For the last three weekends I have have trouble starting the boat of it runs for a while. It starts great at the beginning of the day, but when I make a long run, and then it sits (while we we are tied up), it is very hard to start. I have to put it in nuetral and pump the throttle to get it to go. It sound like it is backfiring, and then it will stull. After a while of doing this it will finally start and then run fine.

Has anyone ever heard of this happenning. The boat runs fine until it sits for a while, and then once I do get it started it runs fine again. I is almost like it is a fuel pump or something.

Let me know if you have any ideas, I am starting to get pretty frustrated. I want to take it somewhere, but I am afraid they might not be able to get to to act up.

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: This is very weird please read.....

Sounds like vapor lock to me.
Try running your bilge blower for at least 5 minutes before you try to start it. Or open your engine hatch for a while before you try to start it. Or both.