Replaceing hangers on trailer

mcgill

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello

I have been on the phone and internet most of the morning looking for a shop to weld on new habgers on my 18 foot steel bas boat trailer. I have never welded be for. But i have the new parts . A 90amp mig welder. With .035 wire . But have never welded how do you do this type of job.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Replaceing hangers on trailer

Ahh, a continuation of your old thread and welding hangers I presume? Based on yer replies there, or lack thereof, I agree with the others guys who recommended taking it to a shop. If you were anywhere near me, I would happily weld it up for you though!:D

Again- what are you working on exactly?

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, it clear that you don't know how to weld. First off does that 90 Amp MIG have a bottle of gas? if not its fine you will need flux-cored wire. Its sells right next to the solid wire for true MIG.

Make sure your prep is good by removing all paint, dirt and other things before MIG/flux-core welding or you will have a bad/unsafe weld.

If you have any questions as to "how to weld" go to youtube and there are a fair number of videos showing how-to for free. Also, just like wood working measure twice, weld once. You want this sucker to track down the road at 80MPH.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

If you have never welded before, I wouldn't start with something that, if it fails, you or someone else can get hurt.