Kawasaki Jet Ski 900 ZXi 1997

hoots

Recruit
Apparently the trim motor has died, anyone know how to disconnect the shaft from motor unit that runs from trim unit back to the rear to the other doo hickie tht goes up or down? Manual does not cover this part.

hoots

Recruit
Re: Kawasaki Jet Ski 900 ZXi 1997

all you people on here that can tell someone how to trouble shoot all kinds of problems with PWCs, and nobody knows how to remove the shaft that goes to trim motor? Wow I'm bum fuzzled.

bently

Petty Officer 1st Class

You disconnect the swivel that controls the pitch of the cone and unscrew the pivot arm. Remove cable clamps on the interior of the ski, and you should be able to fish it through. Plug the hole with silicone and then un hook wires to the trim box and unbolt, the remove. You should look for a cone that does not have the trim pivot for your ski on e-bay if you don't want to fix the trim motor.

Not everyone is checking the forum everyday.

hoots

Recruit

Bently, thanks for the help,but I never said everyone was checking the forum everyday, I just know that there have been several questions answered that are a lot more detailed than mine in the last week. there has been 56 views but no suggestions...once again thanks

bently

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think some of the people that view the questions may have the same problem and are looking for an anwer but do not want to post an almost identical question.