What Type and Brand Boat Lift is best?

old_dog

Cadet
I have been looking for a used Aluminum Vertical Boat lift in Minnesota, surprisingly a whole bunch to choose from on Craigs List. Going to have to be 2600-3000# capacity because my boat weighs 2200#, plus gear fuel and myself and have a canopy. Will be using it for a 18ft open bow runabout and maybe later convert the bunks over to lift a Pontoon Boat. Any suggestions on the BEST brand? what do you think of the cantilever type?. I want one easy to get in and out of the water, if you have experience with boat lifts what should I be looking for? would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks Old_Dog, Lake Wapogasset Amery Wi.

insearch

Seaman
Re: What Type and Brand Boat Lift is best?

Your are looking to the future, you might consider something with more capacity - after reading this forum I think everybody gets a bigger boat after about 2 weeks :p

oldjeep

Admiral

Canteliever types seem to work fine, most of the ones I have used have been Shore Stations - but honestly they all look like they work pretty much the same.

BTW - my parents just bought a place on Bear Trap - east end of your lake.

rmhartos

Recruit

I live in MN as well and have a WI cabin. We just purchased a VIBO boat lift (used) in Siren, WI from Chucks Garage as our ski boat sank due to the weather. I like the fact that VIBO is made in MN/USA and is close (North Branch, MN). The lift works well but needs to pullys and cables which is not a big deal$$$. Side note, Chucks garage fixed our sunk boat in a week, sold us the used lift and delivered it for < $2k. Great people, great service and we very much appreciated them rushing to help before the 7/4 weekend! Attached is what happened prior to having a lift!

Attachments

• IMG_1481_1.JPG
    IMG_1481_1.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 0

casey344

Cadet

Old Dog ...

Can you describe your dock to us? Does the lake fluctuate? If so, how much does it fluctuate?

Cantilever will work if your lake level is fairly constant. Depending on your dock design there may be better options.

Casey

rmhartos

Recruit

As a FYI, your response came to me rather than the origional poster.