Took the family out for my first time!

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well today couldn't have gone better. I woke up ahead of the family to finish up some last minute touches on the boat. I had to use 3 washers on each of the screws that went through the controls so that when I put the throttle to 100% it didn't rub my new vinyl! After that, I took the boat to the gas station and filled her up. I went ahead to the ramp ahead of my wife and in laws and got the boat in the water and rented a tube from the recreation center here. I wanted the head start on the water to get a few laps out the lake done before everyone got there.

It went without a hitch! I was really worried with this being my first time taking the family out, but we all had a blast. It was a little too busy for our tastes so we didn't stay out the whole day, but it was a blast none the less. We will probably head back out in the morning before everyone gets out there tomorrow! It was a huge relief to see the hard work all come together today! My wife finally loves my boat! We weren't on the best speaking terms for awhile after I brought it home :p She doesn't share the same "vision" for restoring things that I do sometimes, but she is VERY happy with the investment now.

A few before/after pictures and some action shots!
beforeafter2.jpg

By saxrulez at 2010-06-19

beforeafter1.jpg

p6190545.jpg

p6190540.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Took the family out for my first time!

You did a really nice job! That thing looks like new!

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

You did a really nice job! That thing looks like new!

Thanks! The outside of the hull is still in need of some serious loving. It's very dull and the old airslot decals are peeling off. You can't see that stuff in the water though! I'm going to sand/buff the hull this winter and see how it comes out. If that doesn't satisfy me, I'll paint the hull(I sure hope not though!)

JimKW

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks good Man. Glad you had a good day out cuase you sure did a nice job on the boat.

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...and thus begins the addiction.... LOL It looks great.

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats!
I am very happy everything went well for you on the lake, and you did a heck of a job on the restoration.

KCinNC

Cadet

yeah, the boat looks good !! enjoy it ;)

180shabah

Rear Admiral

...and thus begins the addiction.... LOL It looks great.

Next a bigger one, then a faster one.....

Seriously though, congratulations, you earned it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great job. Enjoy :D

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats and continued enjoyment!

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for all the compliments! The inside of the boat really does look great, but I've definitely got plans for the outside of the hull. The bottom paint has turned a blue'ish green color on the bottom. I experiemented with some acetone and a rag and it does take it off, but its going to be a lot of work. I think that I'm going to dive into that this winter and make the outside of the hull match the inside :p

Also the white floor already looks dirty(shock!), and it doesn't clean up nearly as easily as I thought it would. I may end up going to a different idea for the deck surface, kiwi grip etc. I just want something that is functional and cleans up easily(not carpet!).

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice work...glad to hear everything went smoothly first time out:D