Wife's answer

Downwindtracker2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After getting on lakes with 12' Harbercraft and a 7.5 blue band Merc,rebuilt with the help here,I got the itch to head out on the salt chuck again. Looking on CL here's what I found,a local classic,within my price range, http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/boa/1799505088.html

When I pointed it out to my wife I got "You need a project boat like a hole in the head,which I will give you if you get it !" :D

Well back to lake fishing.

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wife's answer

Better a hole in your head than a hole in the hull of your new boat. Haha. Lake fishin' ain't that bad.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, usually the same response I get. That's when I remind her that most of the projects are for her and every now and then I need one for me!

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Women; can't live with 'em, can't trade 'em for beer :D

woosterken

Lieutenant

wow, never heard of a sangster or a 145hp i/o i thought they were either 140 or 160 :(
i would think it better to throw a line in the water, than a line of credit in a hole surrounded by fiberglass!

woosterken

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class

I say you put your pants on and buy it anyway and after you fix it up name it "Hole in the Head" and start fishing the salt. ;)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

How big are you going for????
because it gets rough out in the strait of Jaun de fuca (sp)

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

Women; can't live with 'em, can't trade 'em for beer :D

What a bummer!

I do like that boat. My wife usually complains about the money I spend on my projects but as usual, in one ear and out the other.

Downwindtracker2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sansters were very well made in Vancouver for the 'chuck,notice the bow chine on very stepped deep-V hull,and the closed bow.She would be dry as you smash through the big waves.I'm old enought to remember deep-Vs when were invented,and Sansters were one of the first to use that hull form. Dad had a 17 1/2' Larson deep-V with a 165 Mercruiser,you could take that boat up the inside passage to Alaska.Better a runabout with a good deep-V with a big motor than a flat bottomed cabin cruiser.

Yeah,early Merc I/Os were 120 and 165,the chevy four and six.

But I also remember pulling up with wind,waves and the tide running.It was all Dad and I could do,and my sons are grown.And I hate the fiberglass itch. Better to spend the summer camping beside a lake then grinding fiberglass on the driveway.