Force 125 Trim/Tilt Leakdown

Brandon13

Cadet
I know that it's a common problem for the trim/tilt to have leakdown problems. However, my question is...can it be fixed? I've read where people recommended changing the valve seal. I was also told by a local Force mechanic that it's something you have to live with...Any ideas? Thanks

RRitt

Captain
Re: Force 125 Trim/Tilt Leakdown

its not something you have to live with. You can buy new valve body for $220ish, you can have existing rebuilt for $110ish, or you can swap out whole pump for $230ish.

Brandon13

Cadet

How much am I looking at for rebuilding it myself? What needs to be replaced? Pilot valve seals?

RRitt

Captain

How much am I looking at for rebuilding it myself? What needs to be replaced? Pilot valve seals?

usually about $110 to $230 depending which way you decide to go after spending a month or so mucking around with it. very few people get reliable results doing it themselves.

Brandon13

Cadet

usually about $110 to $230 depending which way you decide to go after spending a month or so mucking around with it. very few people get reliable results doing it themselves.

How common is it for the problem to just be the valve seals? Don't really want to dump 100+ into it, but I would like to fix it. However, I don't wanna mess it up trying to replace the seals. Haha I know it sounds like a pick your poison.

RRitt

Captain

it is always the seals. just learn to live with it. if you open it up then you are most likely to lose power tilt altogether. If that happens then you won't be able to get on-off trailer.