Carb Cleaning/Rebuilding

marquise

Cadet
After seeing post about my boat,it seems i will have to rebuild carbs, I am going to clean and rebuild the carbs. I have a couple of questions. First when I remove the carbs, which I plan on doing one at a time, is there anything I will need to adjust once I get her all put back together. I am hoping I can take it apart clean/rebuild and put back together without having to adjust anything. I am nervous about having to adjust jets, needles, floats,and syncing carburetors. Its a mercury mercruiser 150 outboard if anyone can help thanks.

Spring

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Carb Cleaning/Rebuilding

Yes, you will have to do all those things and probably more depending on what is done. A service manual for your motor is your best friend and is mandatory if you are going to perform your own service.
Good luck!

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Carb Cleaning/Rebuilding

Well it would help to know the year of you Mercury 150 outboard, it's not a Mercruiser. Most outboards with multiple carbs require a Link 'N Sync process. This will make sure the carbs are not too lean and also that they open and close at the same time. You will have to do this after you have rebuilt the carbs and have them installed on the motor.