Indoor/Outdoor carpet

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Evening guys,

Where is a good spot to purchase indoor outdoor carpet? Bought a little project boat and need to redo the carpet. This is one project I have not yet undertaken. Im assuming that some construction adhesive would be satisfactory for the adhesion to the aluminum, and simply staples to the wood. Any tips from someone that has done this before?

tlzimmerman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Indoor/Outdoor carpet

Straight indoor outdoor carpet is home depot or lowes....marine carpet is better though and they don't normally have it.

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class

Straight indoor outdoor carpet is home depot or lowes....marine carpet is better though and they don't normally have it.

Our local Lowes caries gray Marine carpet. It is not the old rough indoor / outdoor it is just like the carpet that came in my boat. Not bad priced either.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I will check it out tomorrow, cheers gentlemen, tight lines and all that ;)

Truefire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah you can purchase an outdoor type carpet from lowes or home depot with a marine backing however it is a mediocre grade. Dependent upon what your budget is, the implications of the install and how long you want it to potentially last would depend upon purchasing from either of these two home centers.

You might need to look online at some of the specialty supply stores to obtain a better quaility type carpet with a more durable marine quality backing. I have used the carpets from Lowes for my bunker boards cover on my boat's trailer.

But it would be really easy to replace when the carpet wears, just put boat in the water for approximately 20-30 minutes and repair the bunker boards but the install you are looking to accomplish you might can get away with using this type. Not really bad quality, simply mediocre in my opinion.

Would probably have to be replaced in approximately 3-4 years if walked on extensively and used as such would be my educated guess on this carpet from these two home centers.

Chris

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Lowes had a decent quality marine carpet for a decent price. Tks all for the input, now just to install it. After pulling it out noticed some of the plywood will have to come out as well. Ah well, better than cleaning the house ;)