67 Glatron tilt

plum plug

Cadet
Just got the old 1967 Glastron back in the water last weekend after replacing floor and changing out motors. I now have two problems that I need assistance on. 1. My 76 Merc 65hp starts and runs but doesn't seem to run on all three cycinders until it after I run it awhile. Doesn't matter if motor is warm or cold.It finally kicks in and runs smooth and pushes the boat near 30mph. I must admit I didn't put new plugs in the motor and will try that next. It was also suggested that I Seafoam the gas to clean the carbs. 2. When motoring across the lake the boat tilts extremely to the right side.Yes this is where I sit but I only weigh 180 and If there are two of us sitting side by side it still tilts to the right. If I turn the boat to the left it then will level out. Is there an adjustment to the motor I must make to get her to level out moving forward. It does plane out front to back fine.

plum plug

Cadet
1967 Glastron

1967 Glastron

I may have previously asked this question wrong so here goes attempt #2. I have a 1967 Glastron Fireflite V155 with a 1976 65 hp Merc (no power trim & tilt). Whether I am in the boat alone behind the wheel or if there is someone in the seat next to me the boat leans drastically to the right when moving. (is this referred to as listing?). Would adjusting the trim tab help? Any other suggestions?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1967 Glastron

Re: 1967 Glastron

Ayuh,... Try raising the trim pin poistion a hole or 2....

Try another prop...