Heat, Flooding what is happening

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: Heat, Flooding what is happening

I'm down in cape coral right now. Everyone is complaining it's to hot. I thought this was Florida and it was supposed to be hot??? :)

gonefishie

Commander

The End Of Day is coming my friend. :D

We have a vicious cycle of severe thunderstorm in the past couple weeks. A crap loads of moisture and heat keep the cycle going. We've had perfect tornado conditions several times and luckily it hasn't happened yet. It starts to feel like S.E Asia this summer.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Watching the weather this morning and they said finaly, a dry out. But only for two days, then rain and t-storms again for the weekend:mad:.

I am amazed at all of the rain that the midwest and southern midwest has got this year. And, I am saddened by all of the loss that many have experienced:(.

So, if my boat stays off the water, by comparison, it is not that bad.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

The weather seems to be changing across all climate zones.
I just wonder..... with the sun heating up all that oil up in the gulf, what is going to happen to the weather next?

j_martin

Admiral

If you actually observe weather for about a lifetime, instead of talking about it or listening to the talking heads talk about it, you will come to realize:

We are very small.
Nature is very big.

From that bit of observation you can draw reasonable conclusions about cause and effect.

my 02
John

LadyFish

Admiral

Bob, 'tis the season for the earth to cool itself in the form of tropical storms. My hope is that we don't see horrific hurricanes this year but science says otherwise.

We will oth bstart getting tropical depressions one right after another very soon. Keep your fingers crossed that our locations are spared.

gonefishie

Commander

After yet another round of t-storms, this is what we got. The rain is pouring still and two totally different looks.

P1010041.jpg

P1010040-1.jpg

P1010042.jpg

sprintst

Commander

Global weather patterns are shifting. Everything is bass ackwards here too.

We an F4-F5 tornado here a while back but the tornados are getting more frequent as well.

Time to start building underground...unless you're below sea level :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When 100 degree temperature hit's......we sniff around for smoke because the world up here just does not get that hot without flames :D

Bill Kilgore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What I like to gripe about around here is the Dew Point. @ 9:30 PM DP = 75* F. Like taking a shower without any water:(