Wanna start on a project boat got one in mind!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Wanna start on a project boat got one in mind!

Check the hull condition...... looks like a nice deal if you have a motor providing there is no hidden rot or soaked flotation foam.

Drewb082001

Seaman Apprentice

That a sweet project! go for it. check the hull/transom. but those boats over here in wa. go for like $7000 keep it in mind. go get that thing

jonesg

Admiral

Bet you a dozen donuts the transom is shot, look at all the junk on it.
Trailer looks rather short for the hull too.
See how far the bunk extends off the trailer frame, now add an outboard.

I'd still buy it, but expect to uncover damage, its not called a project for nothin.

Drewb082001

Seaman Apprentice

he is right, there is always somthing more to it. a project requires attention to detail. like i said buy the thing. and like the other people say on here. check it out. you will find things that have issues. floor rot, transom rot, maybe a crack or someone drilled holes in the wrong place. maybe your trailer is rusted threw. things to always check. bring a hammer and a screw driver to check things. BUT looking at the boat I believe its still worth buying the hassle to repair for that price. JUST DO IT

sprintst

Commander

I stuck to a Starcraft alum for the first restore as I didn't want it to turn into a "thing'. With the alums as long is there is no corrosion then no biggie.

If it truly is dry then it is a deal. The more junk hanging off the butt the better chance it's soggy.

It could mean tearing it down and that will be some time working rather than floating.