Installing Smart Tabs, pics enclosed on positioning

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hi Folks, am I going to be OK with installing my trim tabs this close to the drive. I cannot move them further out as it will put them in a different plane than the keel and it is also a bit curved if you go out past the next rib. Just don't want to create an unstable ride. I also cannot move them out further because the upper mount for the actuator will not be in a suitable mounting location.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 0

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Installing Smart Tabs, pics enclosed on positioning

I'd call the Smart tabs help line. I hear that they are great at giving advise for all kinds of boats. And lets face it, they are the best ones to ask.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

They will be fine there. I had the same issue with my old boat, I called the company and they told me they would be fine like that.

nice boat

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer

Thats about where I have mine. Have similar issues forcing them to be closer to the center.
I called Naiticus and sent them some pictures. They were very helpful. Said that they will work. 5 months no problems. Work Great so far.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I was having a problem he let me know there is really no wrong place to put them. The only thing is that the farther out they are the more stable it will be. There is no way you can move it just a tad to the outside of the support for the swim step?? By the way NICE boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer

Any more opinions on this before I go drill a bunch of holes in a perfectly good boat.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Any update??

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Should be fine where they are.

dhook

Cadet

Just put mine on 3 days ago. Same position and I couldnt be happier. Had her out on the water this afternoon and was very pleased with the results. Lost No Top end as a matter of fact might have gained 3-4 mph, No porpoising, nice smooth hole shot and jumps up on plane quick!!! Best 100 bucks you can spend for a small boat.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

I used the same placement on my 19' Bayliner cuddy, and they work great!
Even stopped very low speed left to right steering walk that is said to be a trait of the i/o. I posted a pic somewhere, but forgot where.

Go for it, they will work there!

:D