what year and is it worth fixing up?

Geodopolis

Cadet
I "acquired" a 75 horse chrysler with tilt and trim that hasn't been run in 10+ yrs. Model #75773.
1) Are these decent motors?
2) If I can get it working, would it be worth putting on my big 17.5' fiberglass (no idea what brand of boat)?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: what year and is it worth fixing up?

I'm partial to Chryslers. The 75 was a nice simple engine and will serve faithfully if maintained but did not deliver a true 75 HP. On your 17 1/2 don't expect much more than mid 20s top speed.

Worth fixing? Well, how much is a running engine worth to you? Could cost anywhere from 100 bucks up to 750 or so. Only you can make the decision.

Geodopolis

Cadet

Thanks for the quick reply Frank. I was getting mid 25 mph(GPS) out of my1968 65 horse V4 johnson until I lost spark and I'm not very good with electricity. I was curious to find out which would be easier/cheaper, money is an issue right now as well but I REALLY hate to have my boat out of commission. Here's a pic of the chrysler on the junked boat.

Attachments

• digicam 232.jpg
    digicam 232.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0

Force 120

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is simple engine. I have 2 of them and they never quit on me. As long as you have spark and good compression.