Fuel lines

Rebhays27

Cadet
Are the fuel lines coming from the tanks/fuel filter special marine lines or can I use normal fuel lines found in vehicles. I've got a 86 Force 85 Hp and some of the ends are cracked I know I can just clip the ends but if I were to change them all wondering if I can use just normal fuel lines. The lines coming from my tanks -> fuel filter -> engine are all grey and have the plastic look not the black lines like you see on the carbs. Thanks in advance for any help

backyard mechanic

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel lines

Fuel hose from NAPA is labeled as such and is not specific to fuel types that I know of. There is a difference in hose types but as long as you get fuel hose it should be acceptable for marine. ASK... they will have specs on it as far as USCG approved etc.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Any NEW hose will work.If it sat on a shelf for years it will suffer from Ethanol problems.J

Rebhays27

Cadet

perfect also I have a crack in the cupler where the brass quick disconnect connector in the plastic not brass its the elbow that holds the supply tube going into the tank. when I try to prime the line with the bulb pump you can hear a slight air leak from the crack. will jb weld seal this so I don't have to buy a new tank as I can't find this piece anywhere?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Is it the tank or the pickup tube?The tank possibly can be glued.The pickup tube cracked means new tank.J