J-B Weld vs. J-B Marine Weld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishmonkey

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Any one know if there is any big difference between J-B weld and J-B Marine Weld. Is the marine stuff any different/better than the regular J-B weld?

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: J-B Weld vs. J-B Marine Weld

I've wondered the same thing. I saw both of them hanging side by side at Advance Auto with the 'marine' being sold at a higher price of course. The packaging is different but the tubes inside are the same.... My thoughts are... Gimmick.

fishrdan

Admiral

I'm not sure of the difference...

But adding the word "marine" to anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, instantly doubles the price :D

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

And if you take that same package from Advance Auto and walk it into one of those West Marine stores in quadruples in price.

Dr Tuna

Recruit
Any one know if there is any big difference between J-B weld and J-B Marine Weld. Is the marine stuff any different/better than the regular J-B weld?
I own a fish hatchery and use the marine weld for things that will remain under water. The standard black ( marine is blue) epoxy becomes soft after an extended amount of time but the marine remains hard/strong. It's not a gimmick, there is a difference. Hope that helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.