1997 DT75 stalling and RPM problem

striper8601

Recruit
Hi guys looking for help with a 1997 DT-75 suzuki problem. The engine starts fine and idles well. The motor goes into gear and moves up to 1400 rpm with no issues. If I try to nudge the throttle past this point the engine stalls. However if I press the choke for a second before the engine stalls the engine will accelerate to 2400 rpm and remain there at full throttle. when returned to idle there is again no problem. I have done a compression test and found 140 psi in all cyls. I have replaced the fuel pump diaphram, had the carbs removed and rebuilt, replaced all the fuel lines and filters (including 10 micron inline filter). I replaced the bulb also. pretty much the whole fuel system is new. gas is about 2 months old. when I took the boat out of the water the engine revved to 4000 in gear for a moment without issue. Any thought or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

striper8601

Recruit
Re: 1997 DT75 stalling and RPM problem

Just to finish up this thread, I found the problem. I replaced the throttle valve sensor on the #2 carb and away i went. no adjustment to the sensor. I see on the web that a lot of others have similiar problems so I thought this info could be useful.