Overheating 5L V8

1974scraft

Recruit
This engine was rebuilt by a friend and then it overheated on him when he took it out. Then the boat sat for 2 years. When I got it in my yard it wouldnt turn over because it was seized. I got it running this past week and I noticed that the right side of the engine is heating up while the left side stays at a decent temperature. I took the water pump off and it looks alright. Then I pumped water into A and water comes out of C just fine but hardly comes out of B. Im thinking that maybe a piece of the raw water impeller has broken off and lodged itself somewhere in the engine. Im going to try using a clothes hanger to see if I can poke something out. If that doesn't work, what is something else I could try?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Overheating 5L V8

This engine was rebuilt by a friend and then it overheated on him when he took it out. Then the boat sat for 2 years. When I got it in my yard it wouldnt turn over because it was seized. I got it running this past week

Ayuh,... Has the iimpeller been changed since this Odyssey started,..??

While Anything is Possible,... I wouldn't Expect equal water flows through there...