91/90hp force outboard water pump? help

I have a "91"! force outboard 90 hp. my water pump housing was broke. I am in the process of repairing it. Have the lower unit off, ordered my parts. two questions I have are.
A) what are the torque specs on the pump nuts?
B) what are the torque specs on the lower unit
housing bolts?

Last edited:

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 92/90hp force outboard

Force motors don't have a telltale "pee hole" although you can install one- see the sticky post at the top of this forum. You should see flow coming out of the two exhaust ports at the midleg if your impeller is good. Don't run it longer than a few seconds if you don't see water coming out. Better yet, if you don't know when the impeller was last changed, you should replace it to be safe-also a sticky at top of this forum. It's regular maintenance and should be done about every other season depending on use.
Good luck!

AAAhhhh! as I think I have discoverd today. I pulled the plug at the top of the head and had some water where the telltell that some are putting in is. not enough to cool! Am going to pull the lower unit and check change the impeller. also got a line on the last maint that was done from the previous owner. am going to have a conversation with the mech, tomorrow, grew up with him. He is good and will probably remember this motor. there was a note on the invoice about the impeller. it was the one provided, not what he wanted to put in. In short he did not warrenty the work. Thanks for the reply.

Pulled the lower unit. the water pump housing was broken. most likely on the last install.:rolleyes:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There you go, new water pump kit.

Might as well do the thermostat while you are at it.