7.4 454 MPI Mercuiser Bravo 2 Vibration

sharksandwich

Recruit
I just had a brand new Bravo 2 Drive AND transom assembly put on a boat I bought last fall. 1999 SeaRAy 270 Sundancer. Engine is a 7.4 MPI with a fresh tune up. Boat originally equiped with bravo 2 same ratio, 2:1. I also had the Stainless prop reconditioned and repitched (from 23 to 22). The problem is a very noticable vibration when the drive is engaged in forward or reverse. The vibration continues with engine rpm up to near 3000 rpm at which I think it is just to high a frequency to notice. Steering angle does not make any real difference. The vibration is NOT present when at any rpm when the drive is in neutral. I returned the boat to the Seattle Searay shop to check alignments etc. They did not bother to test drive the boat to experience the problem and suggested the prop had some WOW in it. So I put an older spare Alum Prop on the boat and the vibration is a little less but still significant. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this beyond pointing at the prop? I've heard the Bravo 2 is a really tough outdrive but how much vibration is too much for it?