Fuel line is cloged with somthing

NHGuy

Captain
Re: Fuel line is cloged with somthing

2005? I'd check for a filter clog, vent obstruction or antisiphon valve obstruction before replacing the hose.
The antisiphon valve is a check valve which you will find between the tank and the pump. On many boats it is the outlet fitting where the fuel line attaches to the tank. Take the fuel line off there and then take the valve out of the tank to check it. BTW fuel line is really hard to remove from the barb end fitting on the tank. If there is enough line to cut off the part over the barb you may find that is easier than trying to slide it off the fitting.
Find out where your engine has fuel filters, there should be one at the pump and maybe one on the carburetor inlet (if it has a carburetor). I don't have any experience with the fuel injected engines in your type of boat.
The vent is attached to the tank, it's on the end of a rubber line & allows the tank to "breathe" from a spot outside the enclosed hull. it should have no obstructions either.
You can remove the fuel line and vent line from both ends and blow through them to check for obstructions. Although the vent is probably hard to remove from the hull fitting. I'd just remove the tank end first.
If you end up having to change the fuel line get a little bit more than you need. Get the same diameter as was in the boat when it was made, get enough to follow the original path from the tank to the fuel pump, and get any fittings or attachments you need too. Perhaps if your boat is like mine you might have to get attachable tie wraps to hang the new line along the same path as the old one. And get marine rated fuel line. You can either look at the line for ID (inside diameter) or record the ID from the printing on the original fuel line. Use double hose clamps wherever they did when building the boat, it's a safety measure.

Do this work outside or in a ventilated spark-proof environment. And be sure to run your blower for a couple of minutes before you start, then disconnect the battery before starting any fuel system service.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fuel line is cloged with somthing

99 % clogged fuel pickup in tank. air compression blow out fuel and vent lines.