Help! 1953 15 hp evinrude

Deanna

Recruit
We inherited a 1953-54 evinrude outboard motor,15hp, model 15012, that has been sitting in storage. We are not at a point that we can afford to refurbish it, or buy a boat to put it on...I hate to see it just go to waste, and would love to see it go to someone that would refurbish it and use it. I have not had any luck however, finding out how a reasonable price to sell this motor for. I dont believe it is running, but have no idea what is wrong with it, or if there is anything wrong with it. Anyone have any suggestions on web sites, or know a general price that we can list this motor for? Thanks!

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help! 1953 15 hp evinrude

That motor in my area, in its present "condition unknown" condition is worth maybe $25-$75. Depends on whether it at least turns over with the pull cord. Cosmetic condition also factors in - a very clean, original looking motor will be worth more than one that's been spray bombed Sears Best yellow. Having the gas tank with it will help, too. If it had all of the basic tune-up stuff done (coils, points, condensers, carburetor kit, waterpump impeller, etc.) and were proven to run, it might be worth anywhere from $200 for an ugly one that runs to $400 for a pretty one that runs (and would include a working tank at both prices). These prices are what I would consider fair prices and reflect what I have seen similar motors actually selling for in my area. In the end, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.