Kidder

commander315

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are Kidder Waterski's good combo skis? They're for a beginner/intermediate skier, and getting better quick. Should I go for Kidder Combos or Obrien Combos :confused:

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Kidder

Kidder skiis? I thought they stopped making the regular Kidder stuff a long time ago. KD was and D3 is "Kidder" but they don't make any combos.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Your average Kidder and Obrien traditional shaped combo are pretty much the same. Kidder made a great ski in its day. Obrien did and continues to do so. Get the set with the best rubber and in the best condition for the best price.

commander315

Petty Officer 1st Class

They are both new and the rubbers feel very different..I've skied O'Brien's before and they were very comfortable..the kidder's dont feel that way...I think Im leaning towards O'Brien

oldjeep

Admiral

Must have sold the rights to use the name to someone.

This is Kidders company
http://store.d3skis.com/aboutus.asp

If you want a comfortable Combo ski/binding then look at the HO Team skiis. They use a front wrap sandle type binding. We've got a set and everyone who uses them seems to like them.

commander315

Petty Officer 1st Class

Must have sold the rights to use the name to someone.

This is Kidders company
http://store.d3skis.com/aboutus.asp

If you want a comfortable Combo ski/binding then look at the HO Team skiis. They use a front wrap sandle type binding. We've got a set and everyone who uses them seems to like them.
yea i was lookin at HO excel combos...i was wondering about them too..Im leaning toward O'Brien since I know the binding is comfortable..but ill have to take a look at HO's

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Binding comfort ease of adjustability would be my main goal, if you look at the skiis themselves they will be all pretty much identical. The HO stuff is pretty much Obrien (Herb Obrien hence HO) For combos you are going to find all very similar so as stated look for what seems to be the best quality, comfort, ease, on the bindings end of things. Now if you are talking high end slalom skiis then there is a big can of worms but not with combos.